Friday, December 16, 2011

What did Mr. Rogers say when he got hit by a car? It's a beautiful day on my neighbor's hood. HAHAHAHA (it gets me everytime)

Buenas Tardes Fam!I hope everyone is happy and healthy this week. I gotta tell you, I had a great week. We had another Miracle. Their Names are Dora and Ceaser. i know i told you about them before, but OH MY GOSH!! They are so cool!! Let me tell you, they are the first family I´ve had the privledge to find, teach and BAPTIZE.I think I already told you about how we found them, just wandering around and then i felt like we should knock a door, but when we got to the door all we heard was people fighting but we knocked anyways and Ceaser answered and (I am so excited to tell you I cant use more than one sentance.) and he was just like Oh! hermanas! come on in! and we were like You know who we are? and he was like Yeah, the missionaries! And so then we taught the first lesson.Everytime we went back something awesome happened. They would share something really personal and just let us in a little bit more, or they would make us milk and cookies, or once Dora was talking to us about the other church she was baptized in. I thought it was super cool. She was like: I never felt the spirit in that church. People would always start wailing or talking in tongues or fall to the ground with "the spirit". I dont think the spirit works like that. I think I feel it when you are here.---GOLDEN. It was such a priveledge to get to teach them. This baptism was way special because they were the first people I ever asked like straight up to be baptised. The other super cool thing that happened was that on wednesday we went to teach them with the DL´s and on our way there Dora passed us going the opposite direction with their kids. but we felt like we should still go teach Ceaser anyways. So we went and I taught the word of wisdom (another first) and we had decided to not talk about baptism again because they had said they didnt want to be pressured. So we were just talking after the lesson and we said something like--You are a son of God. He has sent you here to become the person you want to be. So what are you going to do? And he said--When is that baptism again?? And we were like This saturday! And he was like If Dora is ready, I am ready. So we came back the next day and told Dora that (apparently they dont talk at night??) and she was like--Well, Lets do it then! and so Saturday, The 10th of December (4 months to the day i came) We baptised a family. It was such an amazing experience. Ugh! I just love them! I am going to send you a picture of them, and then some pictures of this super huge tree that is out by their house. I thought it was so super cool! I could like fit in the roots. and there was this super huge spider nest right next to me. ugh! Anyways, that was my week! I have total faith that next week will be just as cool. Anyways, I love you guys--See ya! Hermana Barrettp.s. right now in the cyber where i am titanic music is playing in really corny spanish. it is so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment