Thursday, December 22, 2011

Feliz Navidad!

Hola familia!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I cant believe its already here! So crazy. This week was...short. Funny story, I got bit by a dog on tuesday! Not very fun, I would not recommend it. Its not even a cool story or anything. We just walked up to Dora and Ceasers house, and like always their two dogs were chillin out front and then we walked up to their open door and Ruiz yelled Buenas! and i took a step to enter, and their third dog (who knew they had 3 dogs?!) Ran up and bit me on my right leg like almost behind my knee. like right on the side up there. it didnt hurt very bad, but it scared me alot because i didnt even see the stinkin thing! I just took a step then my leg hurt like a mother. and then Ceaser, sweet Ceaser, wanted to help me out, so he ran over to a pulperia (little store) and bought something to clean it with. and then I learned a cool new thing: Rubbing Alcohol+Bleeding Dog bite=muchisimo pain.But no one freak out because their dogs have their vaccinations. Im not foaming at the mouth or anything. Its totally fine now, just colorful. but im sending a picture of my leg now, and the first day it happened. You can totally see the red circle from all its stinkin teeth! Ouch!What else happened this week. OH YEAH! i got to call home to set up a time for christmas! Such a highlight of the week! It made me laugh so hard how you answered dad. "hello?" "Hey dad!! Whats up??" "Not much, How are you---WHO IS THIS?!" hahaha anyways for christmas we had a christmas activity as a mission, and They had me and Elder Arnold play the prelude music. at the activity we sang and played games and there was this huge slippin slide (good thing i spent an hour on my hair!) and then we had a christmas dinner of Turkey and rolls and mashed potatoes. SO GOOD. and So since i played the cello for them my comp and i got to stay in Managua for 2 nights (because the reunion was like half missionaries one day, the rest the next day..and i just HAD to go to both activities.) and president invited us to dinner at Porterhouse Steaks with him and his whole family, and all the missionaries who went home yesterday. It was SO NICE. like even for the states. how lucky am i right?? It was a really great christmas activity though. Super trunky. I am ready to talk to you guys. Man! I love christmas. Such a great reminder of the amazing love our Heavenly Father has for us. He gave us His son. What profound love. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son." The more I learn about the Savior: His characteristics and the truthfullness of His Mission, the more I understand the sentance-I stand all amazed. And then I ask myself: What am I going to give the Savior for Christmas? or more than that-what am i going to give up? How can i become more like Him? I have learned so much about The Savior here. and something I have learned-something I know now more than any other time in my life is that He lives. What comfort this sweet sentance gives. He Lives. I obviously dont have any money to give gifts to everyone. But I think that this is the best gift i could give the people of Nicaragua. The Knowledge that He lives. Because that is true, life can be better. So, that is what i will be doing this week...and for 14 more months--Spreading the good word! Merry Christmas Everyone!! Love you! -Hermana Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment