Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post Christmas- Pre New Years Trunkies

HEY LOVELIES! So good to talk to you yesterday. That is like the understatement of the year. I loved every minute of it. Thanks for the encouragement and love and support! I love you guys. After we hung up i remembered something President had told us. He said when we call our families to have them feel better about your mission when they hang up than when they answered the phone. Did i do that yesterday?? Im not sure. Especially since I told whitney and Maddy about the guy who got killed right before i hung up. Sorry. Bad timing on my part. thats an ease into it subject. haha. So, since i spoke to you guys yesterday and already know what happened this week, i thought id tell you a few things of what ive been learning.
1. Heavenly Father is patient. I have just been overwhelmed with this fact. He is always there, just waiting to give us blessings, comfort,knowledge, or whatever we need-but he will not force us to do anything. So he just waits and waits and waits for us to ask. I know that prayer is literally speaking with our Father. It is powerful. I also knows that it is 2 sided. He will answer. Prayer is everything. I firmly believe that that is where the power in missionary work comes, because we are just constantly praying. A phrase ive heard here that has inspired me is "pray like it all depends on God, and then Work like it all depends on you." which brings us to number 2
2. Work. holy guacamole--this is way harder than i thought it would be. It is hard in every aspect. Physically, emotionally, mentally....i cant think of any other ways but ITS HARD! I feel like i am literally in the Refiners Fire. And wow, i have a ton of things to be better in. I am learning that if Heavenly Father wants you to learn something, you will learn it-one way or another. So you just have to try your best to try and figure out what that is, and then be better! (simple as that?) No its really hard. I am also learning however, that stress is not a bad thing. Stress helps us to be better.
3. The church is perfect-the people are not. Wow i am learning that no one is perfect. Especially not me. But everyone is trying. It is so sad to see people leave the church and all the blessings there in for something stupid. Like recent converts who quit coming to church after a year because the missionaries dont visit anymore. Or because they dont like the bishop. I love a quote that is on Shauna Young´s wall: "Heaven, dont miss it for the world." Dont miss out on eternity because of some little petty thing. Which leads me to another thing
4. Know for yourself. I believe this is the key to achieving eternal life. If you know it for yourself, if you truly understand all of the blessings and happiness you could have, you will live the gospel to the best of your ability, and therefore You will be happy. Your personal knowledge is the key. That is why it is so important to know for yourself. Know your Savior. Know how to repent. Know how to make and keep sacred covenants. Learn about the gospel. I think people sometimes dont understand the grand picture of it. I am just figuring it out a little by little. I guess this should go back in #3, but the church is Perfect. It was truly established by the Savior-it is perfect. Everything we do has a purpose. It is beautiful! I feel so extremely blessed to have been a part of it my whole life. I feel like I am learning so much about the gospel, and the more i learn the more I understand--Its true. I know it. I will never be able to doubt it. I know that its real. Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, the Atonement, the First Vision, Its real. And since Heavenly Father knows that we are so quick to doubt, He has told us-test me. Ask me-and I will tell you. I know that if you have any doubts, just ask Heavnly Father-and you will find out for yourself. What an amazing promise. How blessed are we right???? I feel just amazing lucky to be apart of it. Anywho, I hope that you all have a super awesome week! I love you all! -Hermana Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment