Saturday, October 8, 2011

Guatamala- Week 4

HOLA HOLA familia y amigos! Como estan este semana? I am doing really good this week. I got a new native companiera and her name is hermana Bobadilla. Sweet right? Hermana Holladay also got a native companion named hermana Uribe. I tell you what I think i found the latina version of myself. Hermana Uribe is SO COOL!!! she is a longboarder and she has a little sister that she just adores too and i dont know what it is about her, but we were just instant friends. Everynight we sit out in the hall and discuss our days and the other day i was in a little tiff with hermana holladay (we are good now, she was just being a little annoying...i probably was too) and she wrote me a note and it was like the sweetest thing ive ever read! she gave me the coolest scripture, but i left it in my room, so ill tell you next week.
I dont know what button i just hit, but i didnt mean to send that. Anyways, I am still loving Guatemala. Next week is my last week here! can you believe it? I sure cant. I am a little TERRIFIED to go into the actual field. Spanish is hard. I was just taught something that rocked my world-it is called subjunctive. I would tell you why it is so hard, but i dont even know how to explain it! My teacher was like....I dont want to scare you guys, but spanish is 85% subjunctive. Awesome. I have alot of work to do. I will tell you whats been on my mind lately. My second week here i heard another devotional talk from Elder Holland. In it he spoke of the time immedietly following the Saviors death. He told us about Peter, and what he did. I had never understood this story before. Peter went back to fishing, becuase thats all he had ever known. So they went fishing, and they were up all night fishing, and they didnt catch anything and then in the morning they saw a man on the shore and he said put your nets on the other side of the boat. so they did and they couldnt pull up the fish, because there were so many. Then Peter immedietly jumped off the boat because he knew it was the Savior. My favorite part of this story is the conversation on the shore between the Savior and Peter. Elder Holland said it like this. Jesus: Peter, do you love me more than you love fishing? more than boats? more than all you have? Peter:Yes i do love you more than these. Jesus: Peter, do you love me more than you love all you have? Peter:Yes, i do. I said i do. Jesus: (May i know say for the 3rd time-Peter was very sensitive about 3s at this time) Do you love me more than everything? Peter: Yes. I do. I love you. More than anything. (This is the moment when Peter became the great apostle) Jesus: Then feed my sheep. Right here elder holland said something i will never forget. He got firey and said that the Savior implied: "When i said leave your nets, I meant forever." Then Elder Holland said- Elders and sisters, never come home from your missions. "Called to serve, called to serve- I have heard that song so many times-but it means nothing if it is just for 2 years. Let your mission change you. Let it change your life. Love the Lord more than anything. More than Sin, more than any heartache. Feed His sheep." I love that SO much. I hope you guys can feel the power in his words. I sure can. I know that that is true. If we put all of our trust in the Lord, and do what he asks of us, He will not let us down. You can always rely on the Lord. I have been so extremely blessed. I just wanted to Say thank you for all of the love and support i feel from home. There are so many missionaries here who dont have anyone back home. My companion, Hna Bobadilla, has been a convert for 1.5 years and she is the only member. She is 25 and man, she has a strong testimony. It is hard to be out here alone, but She knows its true. It gives me great joy to be able to tell you all, that I know it is true as well. I feel so extremely blessed to be a missionary for the Lord. I know I am nothing. I have so so much to work on and so much to do. But i love the quote from President Hinckley- "You are not the best. But you are the best we have. You are the best the Lord has." The Lord is my strength. How lucky am I right? Wow! This is my churchiest email by far! But i just want you to know-I know its true. I know that Christ lives. I know he truly died for us. and I also know that he was ressurected and through his merits we can be an eternal family. What comfort this sweet sentance gives: I KNOW that my redeemer lives. Welp! Times up! I sure love you all though! Does it bug yall that i just email? some of my latina sisters are makingme feel bad for not being a better writer. sorry. Remember you are loved from Guatemala! Smile! if your sad-i love john 16:33 Be of good cheer! Love-Your Hermana Barrettolest scripture, but i left it in my room, so ill tell you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment