Monday, October 24, 2011

Nicaragua !Semana Dos!

Hey Hey Familia! Hows it going in good ol Utah? Let me tell you a few things about Nicaragua. Turns out there is a sun here. The rain finally stopped!! Wohoo!! Because of this beautiful fact this week was much better. We are having trouble finding people to teach though! But a cool thing happened, our whole zone came and contacted in our area to help us find families. It was cool. we got like 8 new appointments. But then when we actually found these peoples houses (which oh my gosh is so hard here-they dont have addresses. They have directions. what is your address? Here is my address: Go to energy plant and then 3 cuadrants south and then 20 metres east where the avocado tree is. then its the pink house. Do you know how many avocado trees there are here? Another address, i kid you not, is: 4 cuads al oeste from where the mormon fell... I guess an Elder like fell off the sidewalk and slipped in the mud and totally faceplanted. and everyone remembers. hahaha) anyways (wow i get super sidetracked) once we find the people who said they were interested, they just lie to our faces. We had a good referencia from some elders- they said they were way interested. And so we hiked down into this little field with shacks and as we were walking down, we saw a guy see us and go into his house. then we found out that that was the house we were looking for, and went to it and his "esposa" came to door and we were like hey! other missionaries talked to you the other day right? and she was like yeah-what do you want? and we were like well, we´d like to teach you and your husband mas sobre la iglesia de Jesucristo. And she was like. oh, he is not here. and we go to another church. when the reference said that they didnt go to anychurch. It is really hard to teach here, because the people just tell you what you want to here....well some do... this lady was extremely honest...and rude. It sounds really bad, but the people here are liars. They will lie right to your face like it is absolutely nothing. Every sunday morning we wake up at 5:30 to gather the Mormon Battalion. Which is where we go and gather all of our recent converts and investigators who have committed to come to church. So around 7 we go and start knocking doors and recommit people to come to church. This week we went to all of our recent converts- there are 10- and asked them- hey, you are coming to church today right? it starts at nine (they know when it starts! recent converts only means that they have been a member under a year) and they say oh of course- i promise you, I swear ill be there. and then how many actually showed up? ONE! one and it was because we literally walked him there. His name is Herson. We went to his house to find him and his wife Juana, but they werent there. So we started walking to church, and then we found him throwing up on the side of the road--Totally drunk. Alot of our recent converts are having trouble with alcohol lately. I dont know whats the deal- but oh! it is so sad! anyways, we found him drunk and we´re like: Herson! What are you doing?? Dont you remember that you just made covenants with God? and he simply replied-Satan made me do it. Family and friends, can i please remind you that Satan cannot make you do anything? We all have our agency. We are all incharge of our actions. You can do or say or Be anything you want to be, because you have your agency. You are incharge. Again, it reminds me of that way tight poem from William Ernest Hemley---I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.--never forget you have the power! anyways, ill stop preaching to you guys now... Lets get trunky. The other day something cool happened, you guys may not think its cool, but i totally did. The other day I was doing my makeup in the bathroom, and I had to do a double take in the mirror, because i looked just like mom. Remember how she always made that face when she was putting on makeup? Like she would suck her cheeks in and stick out her lips? I totally did without thinking about it. How cool is that right? Pretty cool. That reminds me of a song from the broadway Lion king. I am sure you all remember it, I would bust that song like nobodies business. It is in the part where Simba is talking to Rafiki and Rafiki tells him to look into the water. He tells him he will see his father. He asks simba, what do you see? and Simba, severely disapointed answers-its just my reflection. And Rafiki tells him- He lives in you.--The song is called He lives in you. Here are some words- "He lives in you, He lives in me. He watches over everything we see. Into the water, Into the truth, In your reflection He lives in you.--I always think of this song when I miss mom. Her blood runs in my veins. I am her daughter. She taught me everything I know. She made me who I am. She will always live on in me. I will always be the daughter of Jenny Lynn Barrett. When i think of this, I remember my divine nature. Each of us are children of a divine Creator, Our Father in Heaven. That is our divine nature. He made us. God is our father. Our purpose in this life is to become like him. Can you imagine how different the world would be if when everyone looked in a mirror they saw their own divine nature? If we each remembered where we came from, and our purpose in life? We are literally his Children. I know i havent been out here very long, but I have learned so so much about our Heavenly Father. Especially how to talk to him. I have learned to talk to Him like the father He is. If any of you are having a hard time, or if you feel alone...just remember-He is always there. Just waiting.He is a God of patience and long-suffering. He will always be there for you. No matter how long your pride takes you to realize it. Pray to him. Learn to trust Him. There in you will find peace.wouldnt it be cool if i could talk like this in spanish?! I hate that i cant express myself! I am waking up every day at 6 just to get in a half hour more of spanish everyday. just fyi. Anyways, I sure love you guys! I hope you have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment