Saturday, October 8, 2011

Guatamala- Week 5

Holy cow time is flyin!!! I cannot believe I am leaving for the field Monday!!! ahhh! Not gonna lie, im a little nervous!! But i loved loved loved what L Tom Perry said in conference. He quoted 1 John 4:18 which says: "There is no fear in love, for love casteth out fear" I love this so much! Because I dont know how, but all of the sudden I just love everyone. Everyone on the street is a brother, a sister, EVERYONE is a beloved daughter of Heavenly Father. I have been really nervous to go because, lets face it, spanish is hard. My world got rocked this last week with something called subjunctive, and then this week i learned adjective clause subjunctive and noun clause subjunctive and past subjunctive. Disgusting right? But I know that if i love these people as much as i possibly can, The way their Father loves them, then I have nothing to be afraid of. Somehow (If I am obedient) the spirit will touch them. OH! Cool story about this: This last monday we got to go tracting for the second time. Remember how last time i totally came home and totally cried because it was so hard and i couldnt understand anyone and they couldnt understand me? No? Oh, i probably didnt tell you that.... ANYWAYS I was totally dreading going this time because Last time i had my native companion. This time it was just me and sister blanco (hermana Holladay) (I think she may literally be half albino). Plus she is muy timido and doesnt talk to like anyone. I was feelin some pressure. Anyways luckily we had a spiritual buff up the day before with General conference and so i was filled with faith and we went and we talked to everyone and one hombre even said to me (en spanish) "Your spanish is very good!" THEN he turned to Hna Holladay and said (I laughed so hard later) You need to work a little harder. HAHAH she is so much better than me at spanish. It was way funny. She took it in jest, dont worry. Anyways, I know that i was only blessed with the gift of tongues in that instnace because i am being obedient. Weve heard it time and time again "If you follow my commandments you will prosper in the land" So it must be important eh? Pienso si. Oh, dad, youll be happy about this-after tracting monday they let me go to a Missionary nursing conference where all of the mission presidents wifes and all of the nurses for every mission get to go. How cool is that right? My mission presidents wife totally spoiled me. Her name is Hermana Steimle. She took me to lunch at this nice place and then to a bakery for the best cookies of my life. it was awesome!

Oh, another cool thing, today i got to go through the temple in spanish for the first time! I was so suprised how much i understood! Probably because the spirit was running rampant! But guess what! This is my last time going to the temple for the next 16 months! How?! Im not sure. Every week for months and then cold turkey? I think i will come to appreciate the temple much more. i would go into more details about that, but i have 2 minutes and need to get to business. I love you all, thank you so much for the support and emails! The church is true. :) -Hermana Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment