Monday, February 6, 2012

SIX MONTHS. (Where does the time go?)


Im sorry I havent sent an email to everyone in a while- Lets get back on this boat.

Well, I am still in the Rosario in EstelĂ­. I love it here. Its just my little home away from home. The problem is that our recent converts are having a hard time.The holidays here are just people Drinking and being groady, and we are still in the aftermath. Well actually right now we are in the calm before the storm. I can tell that some of the recent converts of missionaries before me perhaps werent as converted as they could have been. They are still in the worldly way of thinking that they only need God when they have problems.And right now they dont have problems,so they dont need Him. We keep pleading with them to come to church and repent and they just wont come. So its really sad to watch. It reminds me of the scripture in Alma 5:26. " 26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a achange of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the bsong of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" oh man, chapter 5 is AMAZING!! I have to go on now.
27 Have ye walked, keeping yourselves ablameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently bhumble? That your garments have been ccleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to dredeem his people from their sins? Man! Machete!!! Then we get to my favorite verses:
38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good ashepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not bhearken unto the voice of the cgood shepherd, to the dname by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd. 41 Therefore, if a man bringeth forth agood works he hearkeneth unto the voice of the good shepherd, and he doth follow him; but whosoever bringeth forth evil works, the same becometh a bchild of the devil, for he hearkeneth unto his voice, and doth follow him. This is one of my favorite names for the Savior. The Shepherd. I didnt really understand it before my mission, but i´ve been studying. Did you know that sheep only answer to the voice of their Shepherd? I read an article. A shepherd was ill and He sent His neighbor to feed his sheep. The Neighbor went and said the same words the Shepherd would say to feed them, and the sheep wouldnt come. They only come to the voice of their Shepherd. Sheep are smart right? Who knew? They do this way better than we do! Alot of times we get confused on the voice of our Shepherd. Sometimes we choose different shepherds. Money, love, work, school--we are so easy to forget and so slow to act. But luckily for us Heavenly Father sent us help. The Holy Ghost. That is how we can know if we are following the right voice. I like how it says "if a man brings forth good works he hearkeneth unto the voice of the good shepherd" How do you feel when you are serving someone? The Holy Ghost testifies to us when we do what is right. My Mission president always tells us: "before you do something wrong the Holy Ghost will testify that it is not right." I have learned and am learning still that it is so super important to follow the promptings of the spirit.

We are having a hard time finding families to teach, so the other day we just got on our knees and prayed- Heavenly Father, We just want someone to teach. We are going to leave now, and talk to everyone in our path-Please lead us to a family to teach.--And we found two families. Wow right? It is obvious to me that 1)God listens to our prayers. 2)If we depend on Him, He will take us where we need to go. and 3) The work of God will go forth. He does not need us to do it, but we have the priveledge of being instruments in His hand sometimes. I just feel so extremely blessed to be out here.

And then just to sum things up, Verse 43 and 45 of Alma 5.
43 And now, my brethren, I would that ye should hear me, for I speak in the aenergy of my soul; for behold, I have spoken unto you plainly that ye cannot err, or have spoken according to the commandments of God. 45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I aknow of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true.

I like Alma know that these things are true. God hears and answers prayers. Jesus Christ is our Good Shepherd. He will never lead us astray. I am so thankful for the spirit in my life, and I hope and pray that each of us can feel it every day! If you cant, repent until you can! I love you all! -Hermana Barrett

p.s. this pic is just my beautiful area with Hermana Pastran! AMAZING!

p.s.s. I HAVE BEEN OUT 6 MONTHS ON SATURDAY!!! WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment