Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Learning to Trust

Well!! This week has been interesting in Estelí. We started the week off
with having 3 families teaching. And so we set a goal to have 5 famlies
teaching....and then our 3 families fell one by one. It was really sad
because one of them even told us "Yeah, we know the book of mormon is the
word of god. We know this is the true church....but our church is true
too." Then we kindly but very directly explained that their church does not
have the authority. And then they told us that it didnt matter to them. It
was still true. Whatever. Some people need help.
I am learning something very important though. I read a talk called
"the Fourth Missionary" Which is AMAZING. in it it says that the only way
to be successful in this life and especially in your mission is to give
everything over to Heavenly Father. Your stresses and worries, past actions
and future hopes, and more than anything your heart and mind. I am learning
to just trust the Lord with it all. I have been really stressed lately
because I got a new companion...who knew that would be so hard? But I am
learning that the more I just trust God, the easier it is. The more i
trust the easier it is to find joy in every step.
And now a little about mycompanioon. Her name is Hermana Pastran. She is
from Costa Rica and has 9 months in the mish. She is really into Anime and
Twilight and x box games..iknow right? Ifeel like I am getting really blunt
but I asked her.. I was like..."are you emo?" and she was like "No! I just
act like one!" What does that even mean?! She is way sweet though and
follows the rules like nobodies business. Super Pilas. I am learning alot
from her. It feels like amore equal companionship than it did with Ruiz.
She is seriously an amazing missionary. We are having a trial finding
people to teach though! So this next week will be a fun week of "getting to
know you"---contacting! Yay!! Oh, and one more thing about Pastran! She is
4' 10" I finally just broke down and measured her. she is tiny!! Oh well.
Oh guess what! This wednesday an apostle is coming to Managua! Russel M.
Nelson is coming! I am so excited to hear his words of wisdom. I´ll be sure
to hook you all up next week! Sorry i dont have much to say...just kinda
figuring out how the mission is! Anyways, have a great week!ª! -Hermana
Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment