Monday, November 21, 2011

Just another day in Paradise...

¡Hola Hola Familia!How is everything going up yonder? Nice and cold and wintery and stormy? Not gonna lie, the weather is beautiful here. Last night it got a little chilly though-almost 65 degrees. I almost had to put on a long sleeve shirt. hahaha almost. :D This week was pretty chill. Just contacting and contacting and contacting. Looking for the chosen. We almost had a baptism. again that stinking word:almost. The problem there is that the wife doesnt want to get married. The husband, Domingo, Has come to church twice on his own accord and is ready to get baptised. But He was just like "whatever she wants to do is fine with me". His wife, Marabeili, is way shy and doesnt really like to talk or be the center of attention, so when we were teaching she got really uncomfortable and just wouldnt talk. So then the next day we went back to check up on if she had made up her mind yet. We got there and yelled the customary "Buenas!" and then we just heard shushed voices and shuffling around and then Their daughter, Antonia, answered the door. Antonia is 16 and has been going to another church for the last 7 years. She doesnt want anything to do with our church, and so when she answered the door we were a little shocked. But then we realized why. She was just like My mom doesnt want to get married or baptized. And we were like, can we talk to her? She told us she wasnt there. and then we asked for Domingo, and she told us he was sleeping. How sad right? People are just afraid to take on any responsibility here. We are also having a really hard time in our branch for that reason as well. Recent converts will come and get excited about the church and then the President will give them a calling, and then they will stop coming to church-because they just hate responsibility. They are also afraid to teach classes. Okay, I dont really blame them on that one. Who likes to teach? I sure dont, i get nervous and my hands shake every talk or lesson I ever give. But that is how I am learning. That is something i am figuring out alot here. Stess is not always a bad thing. Too much stress for alot of time can make you really sick because your body cant be in that state for very long. But just a little bit of stress helps you to grow. Like spanish for example. Lets be honest here, spanish is hard. Sometimes i will really feel spanish.Like in our lesson last night for example. I thought it was going great. We were teaching the restoration to Victor y Sareili and i had just finished teaching them about how when Christ came to the earth He established His church with 4 pillars:A prophet and 12 apostles, the Priesthood, Revelation, and the scriptures, and then i explained how we have all of these pillars in the church today and then my companion took over to reiterate the point. And she was like so when Christ was killed what happened to the pillars of His church? (they fell, and that is why we needed a restoration) and Victor was like "What pillars? I have no idea what the cheila (white girl) just said" ....CHUPA. What is the point in telling you this story???...Oh i remember. Spanish is hard. But I am not going to learn it unless i practice. Sure they had no clue what i was saying, but maybe the next family will. Life is all about learning how to become the person you want to be. The person Heavenly Father knows you can be. That is why we have trials and hard things in our life. To help us to grow. Heavenly Father knows the divine potential that each of us have. I was reading in Jesus the Christ this week (Amazing book--Who knew?) and i found something i had always wondered about but never knew. Did you know that Christ also had the veil of forgetfullness placed on His mind when He came to earth? Do you know what that means? He had to find out who He was, just like all of us do. He didnt know His divine role. He learned who He was little by little. Wow, right? That is the same thing each of us do every day. Every day we are learning and growing. Now what you are learning is up to you. Are you learning to be more like our savior? Or are you learning to be more like Man? That is something I have been thinking about this week-Am I working towards being the person Heavenly Father wants me to be? I dont know, but I am trying. And that is what its all about. Trying. That is why we go to church every week to take the sacrament-because we are trying to be more worthy. That is why we have our family and personal scripture study every day-because we are trying to learn how to be more like Christ. That is why I wake up every day at a ridiculously early hour, because I am trying to find the Lord´s chosen. Heavenly Father knows we are not perfect. That is why he just asks us to try. He just wants our best effort, and then when we still fall short of perfect, We have a Savior to make up the rest. The Great Mediator, Jesus Christ. That is how we become Perfected through Christ. How great is this gospel right? I am lovin it! I hope you guys can see how much I love and appreciate this gospel. It is seriously everything to me. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is the only true church on the Earth today. I know that this is literally the Church of Jesus Christ. The church that He established when he was on this earth. I feel amazingly blessed to be a part of it. Have a great week family and friends! Love you all! Thanks for all the support and love, I´m feelin it. :D -Hermana Barrrrrt

No comments:

Post a Comment